Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Smart LCR tweezers LCR Pro1-Russian RLC tweezers HB-14

Recently in different forums a lot has been said about different smart tweezers RLC/ESR, measuring the parameters of electronic components at different frequencies.
Naturally, they all have their own characteristics and price.
I will compare these two tweezers, because they have a frequency of 100 kHz and high resolution.
If you look at two tweezers, you can clearly see that the Canadian tweezers are almost two times smaller, have a bright display and very accurate, high-quality gold plated tips.
These very precise tips make it possible to work with the smallest electronic components of the SMD, which cannot be said about the Russian tweezers HB-14 (the tips are made by hand from brass). They eventually bend, slide off, poor contact, which makes it practically impossible to work with small SMD sizes.
As for the technical specifications.
Canadian tweezers are clearly superior to Russian tweezers in all characteristics. It has higher accuracy and resolution, a greater number of display digits, which undoubtedly makes it possible to better evaluate the various parameters of components.
In fact, Canadian engineers have created a miniature microhmmeter, which is, without a doubt, a great achievement of modern measurement technology. Congratulations.
As for the real measurements.
At one time, I had implemented a particularly accurate version of the ESR meter, which allows, at a frequency of 100 kHz, to measure with maximum accuracy any low-impedance capacitors, up to 0.5 mΩ.
For several years, there was nothing to confirm or deny my results.
For maximum clarity and purity of the experiment chose the capacitor LOW ESR Rubycon MBZ 3300uF / 6,3v.
According to the datasheet, max.ESR-0,012Ohm.
Measurement results.
My tweezers (high precision) -6 mΩ.
Canadian tweezers-6.0461 mΩ.
Russian tweezers-10mΩ.
Rubycon MBZ 3300uF 6,3v ESR 6mOhm.jpg Rubycon MBZ 3300uF 6,3v ESR 6,0461mOhm.jpg Rubycon MBZ 3300uF 6,3v ESR 10mOhm.jpg

Last edited:
High quality film capacitor MKP.
1uF/250v.
ESR measurement.
LCR Pro1-3.2234mOhm
HB-14-10mOhm
Film capacitor MKP 1uF 250v.jpg Film capacitor 1uF 250v.jpg

This test is for those who really want to test their ESR meter.
If I am not mistaken, it is measured for the first time in the world amateur radio practice.
In-circuit measurement of a precision resistor.
DALE WSR-3 0.005Ω 1%.
R 5.0103mOhm.
DALE WSR 3 0.005Ohm.jpg LCR Pro1 DALE 0,005Ohm.jpg

High-quality, precision polystyrene capacitor K71-7 1 uF-250v 1% (2x 0.5 uF in parallel).
LCR Pro1.
ESR-2,9998mOhm (correct measurement)
HB-14.
ESR-0,000Ohm (not correct measurement)
LCR Pro1 K71-7 1uF 250v ESR 2,9998mOhm.jpg HB-14 K71-7 1uF 250v ESR 0,000Ohm.jpg
My tweezers, ESR meter.
The range of 40-50 μA is calibrated with 2.5 mΩ precision resistors.
ESR-0.003Ω.
Two ESR meters, operating in a different way, showed almost the same result.
Congratulations to the Canadian development engineers who made the near-perfect ESR meter. My congratulations to LCR Pro1.
Great job.:)
K 71-7 1uF 250v ESR-0,003Ohm.jpg

Last edited:
Measurement of the capacitance of electrolytic capacitors in the circuit.
Motherboard. 2x 3300uF in parallel.
The correct measurement.
6.2652mF
Measurement capacitance LCR Pro1.jpg
Not correct measurement.
9003uF
Measurement capacitance HB 14.jpg

Last edited:
This Panasonic 330uF polymer capacitor has a very low ESR. According to datasheet, max. ESR-4,5mOhm.
It was measured about 5 years ago right in the circuit with my precision tweezers. Since then, it was not possible to repeat the result obtained with any meter.
And now, after 5 years, this was done with the help of Canadian tweezers LCR Pro1.
ESR-4,5mOhm.
Panasonic 330uF.jpg
ESR-4.5072mOhm.
Polymer capacitor ESR 4,5mOhm.jpg

Last edited:
The tweezers tips of the LCR Pro1 are very precise, gold-plated. Sharpened to the smallest size of SMD components
For example, I made a photo of the part of the board where there are miniature resistors that can be seen only under a good magnifying glass. There are no markings.
We select the automatic mode of measurements from tweezers and quickly and with maximum accuracy, we obtain the necessary result.
Naturally, it is a pleasure to work with a meter with such tips.
The result is ensured by a tight, clear contact that does not require much effort. What can not be said about the Russian tweezers. This is one of the most poorly made parts of this device. It is necessary to constantly clean the contacts with sandpaper and calibrate 3-5 times.:oops:
Precision tips are the most important part of tweezers, so manufacturers of branded tweezers do not save money by constantly improving different models.
Resistors 100 Ohm.jpg
LCR Pro1 resistors 100 Ohm.jpg

LCR Pro1.
Check resistance measurement on other ranges.
Precision resistor 100 Ohm 0.1%.
Precision resistor 10MOhm 1%.
All perfectly.
100 Ohm.jpg
10MOhm.jpg

As it was supposed, in the Russian tweezers HB-14, the frequency of 100 kHz is purely sham. This is clearly seen when measuring the ESR of film capacitors of different capacitance.
100nF.
ESR-0.000 Ohm
100nF (2).jpg
150nF.
ESR-0.001Ohm
150nF.jpg
250nF.
ESR-0.001Ohm
250nF.jpg
330nF.
ESR-0.000 Ohm
330nF.jpg

In my long-term practice of measuring the ESR of film capacitors, there was an absolutely unique result, which could not be repeated for two years by amateur meters.
Here I must say that there are practically no amateur constructions for measuring the true ESR of film capacitors.
An extraordinary result was obtained when measuring a high-quality polystyrene capacitor K71-5 1uF / 160V 2%. This is the best of all polystyrene capacitors.
ESR-1mOhm.
K71-5 1uF 160v.jpg
And we managed to repeat this result with LCR Pro1 tweezers with almost 100% accuracy.
My congratulations to Canadian engineers.
A wonderful result.
ESR-1.0798mOhm.
K71-5 1uF 160v LCR Pro1.jpg

There are radio amateurs for whom the measurement of small capacitors is of great interest. Most likely, this is a rather specific field of measurement that you rarely encounter.
OK, who cares.
Capacitor 1pF.
1.0247pF.
Very good.
:)
1pF.jpg

Last edited:
I demonstrate complex in-circuit measurements of capacitors of very small capacitance.
10pF ceramic capacitor.
You can clearly see that Canadian tweezers are much more accurate than Russian tweezers.
10.284pF.
10pF LCR Pro1.jpg
13.90pF.
10pF HB 14.jpg

Let's see how Russian tweezers HB-14 measure small capacitors operating at a fairly high voltage.
New capacitor 1uF/ 450v.
ESR-39.51Ohm.
Very bad result, which suggests that tweezers poorly separate the active and reactive components.
Therefore, it is impossible to trust such tweezers; it is misleading when deciding on the further suitability of the capacitor to operation.
Or, as I have already said, there is no 100kHz frequency there. All this is more like a deception and an attempt to mislead those who work with electronics.
1uF 450v.jpg
The software is very weak, there are many errors. Amendments were made to the program more than a hundred times, but new ones appear all the time. This suggests that tweezers cannot be considered as a complete measuring device. This is just an experimental tester, which can only be used in repair shops where it is sufficient to determine whether a capacitor is suitable or not.
The tweezers did not pass certification, so there is no certificate.

Last edited:
No need to show your incompetence on this site! HB-14 perfectly separates the active and inductive component, from 100 Hz to 150 kHz!
P.S. show on the photo measuring capacitor with a large ESR can anyone!
P.P.S. Errors in software NV-14 did not affect the accuracy and calculation of values! The program was being finalized to increase the speed of diagnostics and expand functionality! So no need to mislead people!
P.P.P.S. LCR Pro1 in comparison with НВ-14 is just a non-primary parameter random number generator. In the proof of the photo from the presentation of this "miracle".
LCR-Pro1-Overview.mp4.jpg

But the video stability of the testimony is not the main parameter HB-14.

Last edited:
Check the work of tweezers on small inductances.
Copper wire. Great result.
LCR Pro1.
4cm
25.501nH
25.501nH.jpg
2cm
12.793nH
12.793nH.jpg
HB-14.
Very bad result. Not suitable for measuring such inductances.
2cm
0,01uH
0,01uH.jpg
4cm
0,01uH
0,01uH (2).jpg

LCR Pro1.
Inductance decreases clearly in proportion to the reduction in length. This indicates the correct operation of the tweezers, high accuracy and resolution. Everything as stated in the certificate.
1cm.
6.5648nH.
6.5649nH.jpg
HB-14.
No change. This indicates hardware and software problems, low accuracy and resolution. Therefore, there is no certificate.
1cm.
0.01uH.
0,01uH (3).jpg

Measure nH in µH mode and be surprised at not correct measurement results - you need to be a truly gifted person! So study, study and study again, to at least perceive the information provided in the previous post. And if this does not help, then finally read the HB-14 User Manual!
P.S. And yet it is not clear what prevents to buy the exact inductance, for example LQP15MN2N7B: 0402-2,7nH (accuracy 0.1 n H) and upload video metering, 15 seconds, with the best achieved stability of the readings?

Last edited: