Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sioscan atomic clock model#34101 power supply

I have a atomic clock, the power supply wires got pulled out, and fried the power supply. The power supply was a AC5v X2 250ma. My question is: is there a way to get it to run off the 9v "back up" power? And make it where the screen will work with the 9v since when its in 9v dc mode it turns it off.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
That atomic clock is almost as neat as my fusion powered car.

But aside from that, I would recommend that you fix the power supply. The backup battery is just there to keep time when the power is off. The reason it doesn't power anything else is because it hasn't got the grunt.

Was it an external power supply? What was fried?

Well it looks like when the wires got pulled it shorted something in the power supply. I was just hoping there was a solution to convter a 5v dc to an ac power supply or use a 9v dc power supply to run it through the battery and bypass the circuit that turns off the screen.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
There isn't a "circuit that turns off the screen". The display turns off because most of the clock isn't working, because there's no main supply into it. The only part that's still working is the battery-backed-up section that's powered by the battery. This is designed to run for a long time on battery power, to retain certain information. That part of the circuit cannot drive the display.