Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Single Axis Component/Motor?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any components/motors that has a rod or something that moves along a single axis, kind of like a piston in an engine.

Thanks.

Thank you! I'm not proficient with this stuff, so I'm searching on google with all the wrong keywords and not finding any of this.

I looked up the actuators and I think that is what I need, but they all seem very loud. Is there a way to silence these, or does that have to be done by soundproofing it's container?

ksn,

Perhaps you can explain what you are trying to do?...close a curtain?...open a gate?...lift a bridge? ;) The big picture?...what do you want to move?...how far?...how fast?

Ken

I signed an NDA so I can't reveal much, but basically, I just need to hook it up to a two-way switch. One way will push something out maybe 6 inches, and switched back will pull it back to it's default position. Doesn't have to be very fast, but not painfully slow :p

This would be something for the home, so the quieter the better. Are there linear actuators that come silent? Can I insulate the motor with material to dampen the noise?

Thanks for all help :)