Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Server Move

Ian

Administrator
My apologies to anyone accessing the site in the past hour and found it inaccessible - I had to make a quick server transfer (which took far longer than it should have, it's usually in the order of minutes!).

Until your computers DNS updates, the site may be a little slow - but this should resolve fairly quickly as I've set the DNS TTL to 1 hour.

The site should be a little faster on the new server, as there are a few backend tweaks I could roll out at the same time (HTTP2, primarily).

Thanks for posting the msg that you were working on the server transfer WHILE it was taking place. I don't know how you did that magic, but it was pretty amazing.

Ian

Administrator
I feel bad that it didn't go smoother - normally I get a chance to give notice beforehand and then make an almost seamless switchover, but this time I tried to rely on the "automated" tools. They work well, but are so slow in comparison to doing it manually.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
I don't know how you did that magic, but it was pretty amazing.
Yes it was! Thanks @Ian for making the upgrade. Not sure I see any difference in speed (it has always been very fast to respond here in the States), but it's nice to see you always have your head "under the hood" to make sure things are ticking along properly.

Reactions: Ian
I have just had a notification of an alert (top right), when ticked it put me on to a different thread.
I used to get an e-mail alert. These have not come through in the last month or two, Not that I am worried.

Ian

Administrator
I have just had a notification of an alert (top right), when ticked it put me on to a different thread.
I used to get an e-mail alert. These have not come through in the last month or two, Not that I am worried.

I suspect that the notification e-mails may be going to your junk mail folder, as it looks like this has happened to a few others recently too. If too many people click "junk" on e-mails from the site, ISPs and e-mail providers then adjust their algorithms to consider our forum notifications as spam - so people may need to manually mark them as "not junk" for it to continue. Let me know if they aren't appearing in the junk/spam folder and I'll look in to it in more detail if you'd like :).

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
At the time it happened, I found I had no reason to remain conscious. I just went to bed...

Actually, I was already in bed, I was just given the excuse to go to sleep.