Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sensor to detect soccer ball

Depends how large the fame is.
A photo sensor would work, but if its a long distance a sensor with separate transmitter and receiver would be best.
If you want to cover a large area like a soccer net, I would use a light curtain sensor.

Hello thanks for the answer, I want to make a 1mx1m frame with sensor to detect a soccer ball crossing it at 100km\h aprox

davenn

a 1m x 1m frame = about 2x the size of the ball approx. .... what are you specifically trying to do ?
as in .... tell us more about the situation

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
I guess one option would be a two-dimensional grid of beams of some kind of light, probably lasers pointing at photodetectors, with the beams in each axis spaced closer together than the diameter of the ball. You would need some pretty fast acquisition logic and some clever calculations if you wanted to work out any of the dynamic parameters such as position, direction and speed, but just detecting the ball wouldn't be difficult.

I am doing The finall proyect of engeniering and i want to make something like borussia dormunt machines, you can see here: :

I didn't understand a word of the video. Lol.
I would use an emitter and receiver sensor made a company like Omron or Banner. Two small mirrors placed 1/3 and 2/3 the way up the opposite side will allow light path continuity from emitter to receiver.

And what about the trigger time and de response time, it must be fast becouse the ball it is.
I found sensors for house alarms on ebay but i dont thik that it Works due to the above reasons