Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Renewing Car Alarm Battery Pack.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Perhaps you need to provide us a link to the photos that works. Unless we're registered on that forum we can't see the images.

Volvo alarm connections

Hi Toplights.
I have tried to view the jpg images and it wont let me either, the forum wants me to join as a member first, i dont drive four wheeled vehicles and dont own a Volvo, and at the minute am not allowed by law to drive due to med's i take, so you need to post a link that lets us see your image of the alarm connections, or other info that will help. Dave. :)

Hi Dave/Steve,I see what you mean.If you fancy joining its free;i could then post a subject in the "General Volvo and Motoring Discussions" section its a great forum;loads of free members on it who dont own a Volvo.Heres a starter if you'r interested.Cheers anyway lads if you'r not.Malcolm.

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I am torn between closing this thread because we're clearly not going to get any information from Toplights, or killing the thread and banning toplights because his purpose here is to spam us to try to get more members for another forum.

Perhaps Toplights can clarify his intent?

I am torn between closing this thread because we're clearly not going to get any information from Toplights, or killing the thread and banning toplights because his purpose here is to spam us to try to get more members for another forum.

Perhaps Toplights can clarify his intent?
All i am trying to do is identify a connector,i am obviously getting nowhere.Thanks for the unwelcolming response.If you took the trouble to look as i asked you( Its free)you would see my posts(same user name) and see this is a genuine enquiry .Please close this post by all means.I wont stay on a forum where you get such summery treatmant.

Connector ?

Why did you not post some detail of the connection type your after, i personally dont/cant drive, so joining the Volvo forum to view a connector seemed a bit to far, why not post a picture, or link for one, after all your question is electrical in nature. Dave. :)

Hi Dave,Basicly not being computor literate i woulden't now how to,Other than the way i sugested.I cant see the problem,It will cost five mins of your time and no expense.

terminal connections

Hi again. Ok, i was not to clued up on computers, but i tought myself, it takes time, but you get more confident the more you do.

So ok i will join your forum, i cant drive for health reasons, so i doubt i will be in the forum a lot, but joining can do no harm, after all i like top gear, a motor car program on BBC TV so i will take a look, but try to further your PC skills. Dave. :) PS so no one likes admitting lack of skill, but its not a crime, i love electronics, but struggle with some maths formula. If you stated unable to post pics it would have been clear a lot sooner. And this forum is cool, if a site gets trashed/spammed it takes time to clear it up. Ok i will look in. :)

Battery connector

Ok ive left a link on your forum, it looks like a molex connector, similar to RC nicad battery packs, only difference is yours is not line plug and socket, but line socket and pcb mounted plug, the link should give all the detail you need, scroll down, its on the lower half of the page, hope this answers your questions. Dave.

Hi Dave most greatfull for the link,the plug i'm after most resembles a Tamiya but smaller.Malcolm.
Ps Its only two pins live/neutral.

Last edited:
Battery connector

Hello Toplights.
Yes i would think its a little smaller than a tamiya RC nicad pack connector, but its the same configuration design , there are sites / companys that specialize in electrical connectors, ive googled before there out there, once you find a promising company drop them an email on your plug and socket application needs.

I often email companys for parts before ordering, but you might get one local at an automotive store, or supplier, iam 100% sure there still in production, you just need a supplier for one. Dave. :)

Battery alarm connector

No problem i will look in on some sites and companys i order components from here in the uk, i will post a link as and when i find some, should not take long. Dave. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
According to their web site, they have a presence in France (and also in Australia).

The French may be less scary than Americans. ;)

Connectors for battery

I have looked in all the sites / companys i order from, all i can find is this in the link below, i use small family companys, but you could look in to Steve's suggestion, or try farrnel or RS electronics, my idea is to remove the old pcb plug, its a plug as it has pins, and solder new connectors on what are known as flying leads, you could do this easy, not a lot of cost, and if the male part of the connection has to be on the board bond after key up of the plastic on to the board, bond with epoxy resin, then solder short leads in place, a solder pump will help if you have large solder joints to remove.

Above all mark with a pen which is live and neutral if you un solder the old connector, make a coffee, you would be all done and tidy in twenty minutes or so.

If not and you want the exact size, then its more searching, trouble is companys tender to so many manufacturers that there are many sizes, and for different country's, standards in size vary greatly.Dave. :) PS link below. I will post there sites, two anyway, there are more if you look them up, an email to one or more of the smaller companys might produce some results. First link my idea.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/battery-connectors-1397

http://www.esr.co.uk/

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/Cricklewood/home.php

One i forgot, but another option, they start at 2 pole, live / neutral.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/2-54mm-Pitch-crimp-PCB-connectors-200055

Last edited:
Hi Dave its only $4 to ship airmail from the USA.Will probably do that.Thanks for all your help,if i can help you you know where i'l be.Reguards Malcolm.

Battery connectors

Hi Toplights.
No problem, i hope you get it fixed and running again, and the same for you, if other members or myself can help out with electronics tech / repair, just give a shout. Dave. :)