Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rechargeable Power Supply Question

Note that some of the modern lithiums actually have the protection circuitry as part of the battery itself - you pay a bit more but what price your safety?

Oh.. thats good to know, I'll likely get those to be safe. Want these batteries to last lol and yes, I'm not overly confident in the quality of those circuits because they are so cheap, so I ordered a few in hopes at least one will work .

I have posted a video of a fake Cheap Chinese 18650 cell so many times that I won't post it this time.
I lost the image of a fake protection circuit glued to the end of a cheap ordinary 18650 cell. The fake protection circuit is a photo that looks like a real circuit. That is how the cheap Chinese junk is so cheap. They have a pretty big industrial city that makes nothing but fakes.

Just now I watched a YouTube video called Lithium Battery Fun where an 18650 battery cell with a Precision Digital Protection circuit. Of course the battery was bought on ebay. The protection circuit did not work so he cut off the wrapper to see it and there was no protection circuit. The over-discharged cell was ruined.

Cheap Chinese fakes are an issue that affects nearly every area of electronics but if you have the correct approach to your purchases you can avoid the major issues i.e. for safety-critical components, make your purchase through the recognised distributors and utilise both their own QC facilities and/or warranty terms as appropriate.