Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Qt Language to C++

Hello everyone, I hope this question is not hugely irrelevant in this forum..

I have been given a sample code in Qt language and I want to use it for Eclipse, in basic C++.
What I have heard is that Qt understands C++, but C++ does not understand Qt...

Is there any way I can make it work without having to write all the code?:confused:

Also, there is a lot of the programming language I dont quite understand like comm::comm? or public?

Thanks in advance!

Qt is not a language, it's a graphical programming library written in C++.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "use it for Eclipse, in basic C++". Please explain it a bit more. Do you mean the IDE Eclipse?

If you need to do some programming to make whatever it is you're trying to do work, then I'm afraid you're going to have to learn the language.

Sorry, I'll start again. I bought a STM32-P103 development board. The user manual suggest to use GNU C compiler + OpernOCD and Eclipse, which is why i downloaded these.
Then, i was given a given which included the qt libraries, but, for some reason, some of the commands from the qt files are not recognized by Eclipse...
I have studies the basics of C++ and I would not mind studying deeper....its just that Im not sure extactly where Im heading.
For example...I had never seen:
Q_BEGIN_... and the IDE does not understand it either...
Maybe you could guide me in the right direction...

Thanks again! xxx

Have you told Eclipse where the special qt libraries are? Also, I believe you have you have an 'includes' header at the top of your program to include the external libraries...

Seeing as you mentioned GNU C compiler, I'll assume you're running a Linux distribution.

You might take a look here and see if this post is helpful at all:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/210624/

It's been years since I've messed with Eclipse or C++, so I don't know how much further help I'll be.

Thanks for the reply TBennettcc. I have tried what the link suggested and it still does not work so now I am trying to program the board from Qt Creator which is also an IDE. Now my question is if I can do that... I kinda now that I need de OpenOCD to use a JTAG but I am not entirely sure how to do this... Do I have to add it as a path to run it? Thanks! xx