Maker Pro
Maker Pro

QFX PBX-61126 Portable PA Speaker No display

No display when turned on or front speaker light Just an amber charging light Is it not supposed to power up until the charging light changes to another color?

Last edited:
It's only a one page manual and has no troubleshooting section The only light that comes on is the amber charging light I let it charge for nearly 24 hours it didn't make a difference I exchanged email with qfx support and they said it needs a new digital display board I'm skeptical because the unit's not powering up at all

That’s better, I understand your question now!.
Did you read your question?.

First, do you know what lights come on when powered on?.
2nd, is it mains powered or Walwart (adapter) powered?.
3rd. Assuming an adapter, are you using the correct/supplied one?.

We all now know an amber light illuminates but the unit won’t power on, even after 24 hours.

Martin

1st If you mean do I know what lights are supposed to come on when powered on, yea, the front speaker light is controlled by a separate switch and the display is supposed to light
2nd It has an internal power supply so only a power cord, no walwart
3rd I'm not using an adapter, just 115v ac

Thanks for clarifying.
Can you open the unit and post some clear photos of the PCB?.
Have you got a multimeter as voltages will need to be measured?.

Martin

I am sorry, the pictures are too blurred. Can you take CLEAR close photos please.
The screws look rusty, has the speaker got wet?.
Can you check the battery voltage.
Disconnect the battery and leave disconnected while we check the unit.

Martin

I am sorry, the pictures are too blurred. Can you take CLEAR close photos please.
The screws look rusty, has the speaker got wet?.
Can you check the battery voltage.
Disconnect the battery and leave disconnected while we check the unit.

Martin

IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0963.JPG

I was trying to disconnect the battery with a flathead screwdriver, no luck because of the red glue stuff holding it down, and the speaker powered up and the screwdriver went flying out of my hand The display didn't come on, instead the red light marked "LED" came on The light on the front speaker came on and was changing colors like it's supposed to So then I switched to a curved needle nose pliers and was able to take it off My DMM has 10ADC unfused and 1000VDC 200mA max Which should I use to test the current state of the battery? Well, here's an update I cleaned the board with a solvent, let it dry, and it works display and all but it says HIFI and bluetooth doesn't pair

Last edited:
I mean it's ok HIFI I'm glad the display is on but bluetooth won't pair and every seven seconds it makes a pop sound I think I can't put it in bluetooth mode without the remote

Last edited: