Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pulsate 1.5v D cell battery

Is there a way to pulsate (turn on/off automatically) a 1.5v D cell battery? Maybe some sort of 2 pin inline relay, timer, flasher or something? Kind of like a 12v car flasher does. I would want it to stay on for a second or so then go off for a second and repeat. would a ic 555 chip do this? if so how do i regulate the time from on to off?

thanks.

Last edited:
There are several ways to do this but since you mentioned a 555, go to www.schematica.com and download the free '555 Timer Pro' to get familiarized with the 555 design process. What you want is an "astable multivibrator". You can use a 555 to switch a relay on the output or better yet a mosfet that swiches the 1.5vdc. How much current are you going to draw? (remember...the output of the 555 is going to be close to the supply rails that you are using.) If you want 50/50 equal output on and off, then consider adding a flip flop such as the TTL 7473 at the output of the 555. By the way, if you could be more specific then a more suitable circuit may come to mind. Hope this helps, Gil.

Last edited:
What I have is a single regular 1.5v D cell battery that goes to a motor with a sprocket on it and all I am trying to do is have it come on and off at a regular interval, say on 1 second off 1 second and repeat. That's it. If I could buy some sort of interval timer that would do this I absolutely would go that route except I can't seem to find one for 1.5v. So any help is greatly appreciated. As far as wiring all I have is a pos/neg from the battery to the pos/neg to the motor. O ya I have no IC experience either, not afraid to learn though, that's why I would love to be able to just put something already made up inline and go. You stated there are other ways? I would love to hear about those also. THANKS!

Last edited: