Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power switch for commercial citrus juicer

Hi,
I have a project for development of a commercial citrus juicer. I have been searching on the Internet but cannot figure out why people use different types of Power switches. Can anyone give me some clues or tell me where I can find the information regarding:
1. Are Switch A and Switch B of the same type ? What are their working principles ?
2. What are the occasions / applications that we need to use Switch A & Switch B ?
3. Why some people just use a simple rocker switch (Switch C) ?

Sorry I know that these questions are very basic. But hope someone can help !

Attachments

• switch A B C.jpg
    switch A B C.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 21
All pretty much the same.
First 2 are simply relays which latch in and out with the mechanical buttons and the last a mechanical rocker type.
Cannot see the detail on the ratings for the current and voltage.
One point is if this "project" involves running off a plug in lead, the switches will need to be double pole, switching both incoming conductors.
In any instance, release of any item into the market will require many aspects of electrical safety to be met and be certified into the bargain.
Certification can cost squillions.

All pretty much the same.
First 2 are simply relays which latch in and out with the mechanical buttons and the last a mechanical rocker type.
Cannot see the detail on the ratings for the current and voltage.
One point is if this "project" involves running off a plug in lead, the switches will need to be double pole, switching both incoming conductors.
In any instance, release of any item into the market will require many aspects of electrical safety to be met and be certified into the bargain.
Certification can cost squillions.

Hi Bluejets,
Thanks your reply. Do you know when do we need to have double pole switch to cut off the current of both the Line and Neutral ? Why just cutting off the line is not enough ? Thank you !

When using a lead which plugs into a power outlet, the double pole switch is required to cut both conductors as one can never be sure the outlet is wired correctly.
Therefore, switching the device off with just a single pole switch, may not actually isolate the active from the appliance.
With the double pole switch it definetely is.

When using a lead which plugs into a power outlet, the double pole switch is required to cut both conductors as one can never be sure the outlet is wired correctly.
Therefore, switching the device off with just a single pole switch, may not actually isolate the active from the appliance.
With the double pole switch it definetely is.

Hi Bluejets ! Get it ! Thank you very much for your reply. You help me a lot !

Not at all the same. A looks like a circuit breaker with a remote-trip solenoid built-in. B looks like a switch and relay combination for a specific, but unknown, application. C is an actual on/off switch.

You need to figure out what kind of switch your application - and your country's safety regulations - require. Single pole or double? 120 Vac only or universal? Size? Markings? Terminations? Lighted? etc ...

There are hundreds of variations out there because there are thousands of combination of requirements and opinions.

ak

A looks like a circuit breaker with a remote-trip solenoid built-in. B looks like a switch and relay combination for a specific, but unknown, application. C is an actual on/off switch.

You must have better eyesight than I to see any terminals or markings...or is it just a wild guess to be different..?

^ You'll probably receive a larger # of experienced user replies in a gardening forum than here.

Otherwise, just generalizing, yes a heavy duty appliance that size tends to cost close to $200. I'm not that into the juicer scene to appreciate the physics but my initial impression would be that if you're subjecting an appliance to a rotating force that can vary based on pressure applied or variability in the produce put against it, then you're going to either need feet that stabilize it (like suction cups) or the machine has to have a lot more mass to produce enough friction on the feet to counteract the force moving it... or, bolt or clamp it down, which hypothetically you could do to any juicer, but then the extra effort and materials equal money that consumers spend to avoid DIY.

^ You can probably do a google search for best juicer as well as I can, but if you post in a popular gardening forum asking, I bet they won't refer you to an electronics forum. ;)