Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pocket Note-Taking Device

Like a notepad and pencil! But here is my idea. I have had a few thoughts about how to make it, but the thing I want to make is... a pocket sized device that i can "type" reminders and notes into, subtly, one handed. My initial idea was just make a small app on my phone that I can tap the screen (probably in morse code - i'd have to type with it in my pocket...). It would store what i type and later on i can transmit it to my laptop etc. I made this and was relatively happy, except... the screen has to be on constantly, it is easy to accidenly leave the app and be tapping away on angry birds by mistake. Also my app was dredfull at recognising dots/dashes/gaps between words - obviously i could hack away to improve that aspect. My next idea is to use the phone, or my rasperry pi and use a <thing i don't know the name of> to make a noise into the microphone socket. What is it i need to buy/make? Like a buzzer that sends the sound into a microphone wire, rather than a speaker. Then i can tap away with some handheld button, or some sort of bluetooth button that transmits dots/dashes to my phone - like a sefie stick button....