Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please I need help to identify a 5 pin SMD Semiconductor "KV5MK"

Hi, please help me identify an SMD semiconductor that I found burnt in a sircuit board I am trying to repair, it has 5 pins and it is labeled "KV5MK" I need some equivalent replacement SMD to replace it.
Thank you for your help.

If you tell us what circuit board you are trying to repair, maybe a few photos of the component,...., it would help us to help you :D

Thank you for your reply, the circuit board is for a LooL IPTV receiver, the user lost its original power adapter plug (output 5V) so he tried a different plug with output 12V that is when that component get burnt. Please check the pictures (On red is the damaged part, on green is the same component in a different spot on the board):
upload_2016-12-27_12-7-26.png

upload_2016-12-27_12-9-56.png

upload_2016-12-27_12-5-48.png

Thank you again for your help.

davenn

Thank you for your reply, the circuit board is for a LooL IPTV receiver, the user lost its original power adapter plug (output 5V) so he tried a different plug with output 12V that is when that component get burnt.

putting 12V into something that requires only 5V is a bad thing .... there is most likely more than that one
component that is damaged .... a component can be zapped without any visible external damage

seeing where they are on the board and the surrounding components, they most likely are switching regulators
I cant seem to find any references for it online

Dave