Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer HTZ121 DVD no sound

All of a sudden my Pioneer HTZ121 DVD player volume shut down. I removed the Center Speaker (8 ohms) connected and it started working. I then put it back and it kept working (all 5.1) and then wn i increased volume, it went dead. Now there is no sound. Please help.

It sounds like you had a short circuit at the speaker terminals which cleared after speaker removal. Probably a strand or two of speaker wire?
Then upon reconnection, possibly vibration, caused the short again?
Do you have wires or speaker connectors?
Also sounds like the amp is blown now.

Martin

It sounds like you had a short circuit at the speaker terminals which cleared after speaker removal. Probably a strand or two of speaker wire?
Then upon reconnection, possibly vibration, caused the short again?
Do you have wires or speaker connectors?
Also sounds like the amp is blown now.

Martin
Thanks Martin, wired joints as some wiring is concealed...one thing I observed is that when I power on / off the unit, the speakers make a clicking sound. Any idea how I can hard reset the unit.

I can't source much info on your unit.
Have you got the user manual? Here you can find it.
There are so many ways and hacks for resetting equipment but I cannot find one for yours.
Clicking sound? A single click like a thud? or fast continuous clicking?

Martin

I can't source much info on your unit.
Have you got the user manual? Here you can find it.
There are so many ways and hacks for resetting equipment but I cannot find one for yours.
Clicking sound? A single click like a thud? or fast continuous clicking?

Martin
More like a relay click. Comes from all the 5.1 speakers

Hey Guys, Thanks for your help. I reconnected all the wires. No sound, so I just left it off for over a month. Tried it today, works like it never ever stopped. My guess is the overload protection came on. Now, some capacitor must have discharged. I am not an electronics guy, so no clue, I guess God helped me as i had no extra cash to repair it, due to no work.