Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer CDJ-400 - No Display On Powerup

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
let me know what the above means.

I think it confirms the transistor is toast.

Honestly, I'd be fixing the power supply before I move on to other things.

Replacing that transistor would be a good start. Just in case there's more wrong, it might be a good idea to check more of the components in the circuit because freight will be the biggest part of your order most probably.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
It would be wise to take the same measurements of the other transistor close to this one and the two diodes.

If you can't figure out the emitter base and collector (or anode and cathode for the diodes) just label the pins with numbers and annotate them on a photo.

If you buy any of these transistors, it may be worth getting several, just in case the fault causes it to immediately fail, ir if you badly mess up the soldering.

im struggling to find a supplier in the uk that has them in stock or that will supply them in quantity's less than 3000.....

I will keep hunting, but then if i can get the part i might be left with always using an external DAC......

I really do appreciate all the help you have given me so far, i never would have gotten this far without you!

Cheers
Daz

well i have emailed ROHM to see if that bipolar transistor is still available as they seem to list it as discontinued... (or to see if they have an equivalent part number) I wonder if there is something to a better spec that i could put in its place? the manual seems to suggest that it must be replaced with the same part....

as for L1903/CTF1483-A is that an inducer? and how would I go about testing that?

Cheers
Daz

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
We can probably find a substitute if you don't hear anything.

Testing the inductor is as simple as reading its resistance. It should be maybe just a few ohms.

ok I will get a reading on that when i get it back apart, (have been using it with the external DAC see, good to be able to have a mix!)

will be the weekend now I also have a laser pic up to fit to it (the original problem with the deck was that it was not reading CD's but works fine with USB)

Cheers
Daz