Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Part CQ1308 U2060G From a Grid Tie Inverter

Hello all!

I'm having some difficulty identifying a faulty part in a Grid Tie Inverter, I've found one of the parts labeled "CQ1308 U2060G" has a dead short and needs replacing. However, I'm struggling to find any reference to its part numbers.

As far as I can tell its a high-voltage trench MOS barrier schottky rectifier (if that helps) I'm thinking it could just be replaced with any TO-220??
But I'm not too familiar with these components or their purpose at a guess I'd say they are used to create the sine wave output in this device? So would need to be of a High-Voltage?

Any Help Greatly appreciated.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Assuming it's a diode, do you have any idea of the current at this point in the circuit, the reverse voltage it needs to withstand, and the speed of switching?

And in addition... Who is the manufacturer, what is the model number, and do you have any photos?

Thank you for the reply.

The circuit board indicates it to be a Diode (or as I saw it 2 Diodes in one of these items) The board is marked with the symbol for a diode on two of the legs 1 & 2 |< >| respectively . So I can only Presume Drain, Gate and Source in that order from pin 1, 2 & 3 ?
Like I say I'm not greatly familiar with these particular components so hopefully that helps?

I have no idea on the current at that particular point the voltage input range (DC) is between 15-60V and the output is 240VAC.

The model stamped on the PCB was SY-GWV-500W.
I don't have any photos at the moment but should be able to take some if needed.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
If the circuit board indicates 2 diodes then the device is a double diode. If you measure across the device at certain points (especially if it is in circuit) then you may read a dead short.

What is the MAKE AND MODEL of the inverter?

I have no Idea on the make as it isn't on the device nor was it listed when i bought it.
On the front sticker it has "WV GTI 500W" So possibly made by "Reliable"?

I will attach pictures of the parts reference on the PCB and the PCB model information.

The Component is "D4" on the image:
20150303_233026.jpg

BOARD:
20150303_233043.jpg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Its hard to know exactly what this diode is used for. I would probably be looking for a fast common cathode dual diode in a TO-220 package rated for at least 4A and 800V.

I know I couldn't really find any schematic information on it around or the part numbers but I have ordered a couple of MBR2060CT 20 Amp Schottky Barrier Rectifier 20 to 100 Volts in TO-220 package. As it does seem to be linked to the DC input side so hopefully only has to cope with upto 60vdc.

Your help is very much appreciated and I've gained a better understanding of these type of components now too.

Where you able to fix your GTI ? Mine is have the same problem.

Hello, yes I did had to go through each of the components and check them for continuity and found that double diode needed replacing as well as a MOSFET on the other side. After I replaced both parts it worked lovley (and has done ever since)

I did initially have a slight problem with the input voltage as the device only seemed to work with 36v panels with 72 cells as opposed to the 60 cell units I had but I figured that was down to voltage not being quite enough so make a stepup transformer and it worked lovley.

Has yours worked previously? If it has what's the spec of the panels your using?

Thanks
Rich

Hello, yes I did had to go through each of the components and check them for continuity and found that double diode needed replacing as well as a MOSFET on the other side. After I replaced both parts it worked lovley (and has done ever since)

I did initially have a slight problem with the input voltage as the device only seemed to work with 36v panels with 72 cells as opposed to the 60 cell units I had but I figured that was down to voltage not being quite enough so make a stepup transformer and it worked lovley.

Has yours worked previously? If it has what's the spec of the panels your using?

Thanks
Rich
I am powering mine directly from 48V LFP batteries with a power limiter. My first unit has been running for 19 day continious, but the new unit only lasted a few hours. But, my limiter failed and it was going at full power. I am putting new controls in place to cause shutdown if limiter fails.

Hello all!

I'm having some difficulty identifying a faulty part in a Grid Tie Inverter, I've found one of the parts labeled "CQ1308 U2060G" has a dead short and needs replacing. However, I'm struggling to find any reference to its part numbers.

As far as I can tell its a high-voltage trench MOS barrier schottky rectifier (if that helps) I'm thinking it could just be replaced with any TO-220??
But I'm not too familiar with these components or their purpose at a guess I'd say they are used to create the sine wave output in this device? So would need to be of a High-Voltage?

Any Help Greatly appreciated.
According to Rich (see post below), he replaced his with "MBR2060CT from mouser electronics" and it worked.

Hello guyz,

I am actually working with grid tie inverters and able to repair a lot of them, well am also looking for that faulty part labelled
"CQ1308", its Dual ultrafast rectifier diode , i've search a lot and wasn't able to find that part number. Try to find the second label "U1660G" its the same. In this site http://store.alhekma4u.com/u1660g-ultrafast-rectifier-600-v-16-a-dual-diode-c-k/ . You can also replace it with this "MUR1660 3 leg", "U1660CTG" , "STPR1620CT" You can order it online. Hope this help u guyz..