Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Outdoor Motion chasing led light strips

Hi Guys,
Yet another total noob looking for inspiration.
I am planning on installing led light strips to my outdoor path that light and follow motion in either 500mm lengths or 1m lengths with a pir. Both side of the path illuminating at the same time.
Ideally using a 5v circuit so i can send it into the house and run a intelligent socket (samsung home automation socket) with a usb socket to control power to the strips via sunset sunrise times.
I would like to use bright leds if possible.
Can anybody help me with the circuit layout and parts required.
Pirs will probably be 6 or 12 number hc-sr501.
Any help seriously appreciated.
Thanks.

Craig.

Attachments

• 20170626_103006.jpg
    20170626_103006.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 123
Wow.
Thank you for the response.
I think just having a full strip light at once is easier to control and build for me as i dont want to have the issue of each strip having a sensor it each end to pick up the direction of traffic.
I am a complete noob to electronics and circuits so wish to keep it simple. I would love a cluster of leds pulsing in brightness near motion but way beyond me!
Hence a 500mm strip lighting at once will be fine for me to light the approx footfall step. I just want to figure out how to power each unit linked together.
This will make led changeouts easier down to disconnecting the strip and replacing that strip only.
Unit being 2 strips of led and a motion sensor.
I think a light up interval of 2-3 seconds and staying on during retrigger with give the effect.
Having the light fade out would be nice too. Rather than straight on off.

Thoughts are alwaus very appreciated.

I have never seen an LED strip with the LEDs chasing but I have made many chasers myself. If only one or a few LEDs are turned on at a time then the strip is fairly dim. Maybe the controller can light most of the LEDs and make a running turned off LED or a few of them.