Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Oscillating SPDT Relay Help

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Heh. How long do you want this to last?

It wouldbe great to have an image that is large enough to read, and also one with markings other than those numbers which appear on car relays.

Perhaps you can provide a link to a translation between those and their meaning. It would make it a lot easier for people to suggest what you've done wrong.

Essentially you want the NC and common placed in series with the relay's coil to make it buzz.

Heh. How long do you want this to last?

It wouldbe great to have an image that is large enough to read, and also one with markings other than those numbers which appear on car relays.

Perhaps you can provide a link to a translation between those and their meaning. It would make it a lot easier for people to suggest what you've done wrong.

Essentially you want the NC and common placed in series with the relay's coil to make it buzz.

Can you please provide a screenshot of what the image look like on your monitor? Because it seems pretty large on my Ipad, the reason it has those numbers because it is a car relay I didn't think it would of been a problem since a car relay is a SPDT relay if anything I though it actually help to know what certain things were wired to. Unless you wanted a circuit schematic, I cannot make it any more detailed then saying that the rectangles with numbers represent the blade terminals (male) that are on the automotive relay and the lines that connect the blade terminals, battery, and induction coil are the wires, the plus and minus sign represent the postive and negative, the rectangle that says "BATTERY" is the battery, the rectangle with the smaller rectangle on top of it with negative and postive on its sides is the ignition coil as said right under it, and the rectangle that said "CAP" is the capacitor and the number that is right under it in parenthesis is how much the microfarads it has (0.047 uf)

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I'm using a very low resolution monitor today and I can see your image. Either that or yo uploaded a larger one. On my main computer the whole image was a couple (maybe 3 or 4) of cm on each edge.

My only comment is that I'd probably use the NO contact for the ignition coil.

I would gues that the relay coil has sufered from the inductive kick from the ignition coil if you ran it without some sort of load (to alow it to generate a spark).

Disconnect the ignition coil and place power to the coil. See if you can hear it pull in.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Back on my main computer. The image appears to be 180x240 pixels. (tiny)

Maybe it thinks I'm on a mobile device?