Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Oscillating pulse to stable

I want to know how I can change an oscillating current (i.e. from an NE555 output) to a stable continuous DC

A diode to pass the peak voltage to a capacitor may do all that you require. Much more detail is needed to give more advice.

Why would you want to turn the output of the oscillator to a. stable DC voltage? It sort of defeats the purpose.

Do you mean you want a DC voltage that varies with the frequency or duty cycle of the oscillator?

Bob

I want to know how I can change an oscillating current (i.e. from an NE555 output) to a stable continuous DC
Apart from what others have suggested, in particular Bobk "defeats the object", I would suggest not using a 555 at all or bypass the one you have.
But as others have said, what exactly do you want to do?

Martin

Feeding the output to a capacitor and then placing a small load like a resistor... this will slowly flat line but not instantly

Depending on voltage, you could use a linear regulator after passing the 555 output to the capacitor 7805 for example from a 555 9v source

Sree,

Is this somehow related to your other threads? buzzers/delays/555? It really helps if you tell us what your overall goal/project is.

Ken

Last edited:
Sree,

Is this somehow related to your other threads? buzzers/delays/555? It really helps if you tell us what you overall goal/project is.

Ken
Hi Ken,
This probably has something to do with other threads!
I sometimes wonder if they keep secrets in case somebody pinches their idea :rolleyes:.
As Bob said, there is no point.!
What next? A johnson counter that doesn't count!

EDIT: What you want is a dead 555 timer....That should do the trick..:p

Martin

Sree,

Is this somehow related to your other threads? buzzers/delays/555? It really helps if you tell us what your overall goal/project is.

Ken
Hi ken
Actually I need a Delayed buzzer for my motorbike
I tried all different ways as you all suggested and a part of it will work as I aimed
So,why I am asking the doubts about the failed parts
I Know nothing about electronics, only have some ideas
No, I completed almost my project using a 555 ic(using dutycycle). It will give me a 1 sec pulse after a delay of 15 seconds. That is what I need
But, now the problem is the current from the turn signal is blinking type. To power up the IC when the turn signal on and to cut off the power when the turn signal off, I need a solution. That I asked you actually.

If I've understood correctly I think this should do what you want, assuming the blinker provides 12V pulses.
Each blink pulse switches on Q1 to discharge C1. While C1 voltage is low, M1 conducts to supply 12V to your 555 circuit. When blinking stops, C1 charges up to 12V via R1 and M1 turns off.
Component values aren't critical. M1 can be almost any P-channel MOSFET rated for >20V.
Any low-power NPN transistor should do.
555_supply.PNG

If I've understood correctly I think this should do what you want, assuming the blinker provides 12V pulses.
Each blink pulse switches on Q1 to discharge C1. While C1 voltage is low, M1 conducts to supply 12V to your 555 circuit. When blinking stops, C1 charges up to 12V via R1 and M1 turns off.
Component values aren't critical. M1 can be almost any P-channel MOSFET rated for >20V.
Any low-power NPN transistor should do.
View attachment 25203
Dear alec
I formed a virtual circuit as you described in the post, but unfortunately it is not working
Please help me to correct the circuit
Virtual circuit link is http://www.falstad.com/circuit/circ...44+0 w+400+144+432+144+0 w+128+192+112+192+0