Maker Pro
Maker Pro

only 5vsb output,mercury 400w power supply,guide me in repair

long story short---- there was a R23 1.5k 1/2w open ,i put the resistor and it started working and it stopped becoz the solder came out,its too difficult to solder with my big solder point ..
icon_sad.gif

then when i tried to solder again for better fix the whole strip came off teared apart.. i count do anything ,then i got carried away frustrated.. shorted from near by 16volts to other end ,nothing came up ..got angry and threw and broke it .. i lost my cool..pulled some capacitors and plucked wires..
after a day i calmed down-- then
i joined few wires and put the filter capacitors330uf/200v x2 (before it was330uf/250vx2) ,its the same problem now..i am getting same 5vsb ,and no other voltages.. i get 16v at one side of resistor but not on other side.. which has continuity to jumper..,checked with other resistor too i get the same result.. please help me ,i place the pics here before/after .. thanks
by the way..i am trying to fix it so i can use it just for the case fans.

400W of overall capacity is QUTE an overkill just for providing the fans drive power . . . . instead . . . .use a wall wart of the capability of the voltage / wattage printed on the fans. Even MORE room in the case, will then mystically be present.
PLUS . . . you literally self describe yourself, as not having the required temperament and tenacity for any involved degree of electronics repair.

400W of overall capacity is QUTE an overkill just for providing the fans drive power . . . . instead . . . .use a wall wart of the capability of the voltage / wattage printed on the fans. Even MORE room in the case, will then mystically be present.
PLUS . . . you literally self describe yourself, as not having the required temperament and tenacity for any involved degree of electronics repair.
well it was just lying there ,so thought i would repair it and use it for my may be 4-5 case fans .. all 12v i guess so, actually i did fix it ,just was trying to do it more better fix.. i lifted the damm micro pads off ,there i lost my cool.. well anyway i learnt my lesson ,when professionals and youtube are here i could try my best to be calm and repair to some extent as much i can.

here i managed to post some pics..please guide me ,by the way model is mercury model- ckp-3400 gc14244 -- this was written on the box of this power supply lid

Attachments

• 123rrr.jpg
    123rrr.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200312_091958_6rrrr.jpg
    IMG_20200312_091958_6rrrr.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200316_123452_9rrrr.jpg
    IMG_20200316_123452_9rrrr.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200316_124015_6ffff.jpg
    IMG_20200316_124015_6ffff.jpg