Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Noob - wiring multiple LEDS, different #'s lit with single power source...

Hey everyone. I'm working on a project (which I'm sure is beyond my skill level) that requires an LED to light as someone basically closes a switch. (Closing the switch involves inserting a peg with another LED in it, intended to light, too) Creating this simple circuit is no big deal, as I understand the idea of matching an appropriate resistor based on my power source and LED specs. The dilemma is that I need to run 5 of these circuits, and I would like to use a single power source. I don't know how to account for the current/voltage change as different numbers of LEDs are lit. Is there a simple answer for this? Using separate power sources isn't going to be practical, when I scale this up and have multiple set's of 5.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Matt

No, (I guess no-one was here during those four hours,) but you'll need to explain your intentions a little clearer, I don't quite get the details of how you want this to operate.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
The basic answer (I think) is that once you have made one of these (I don't get the plug in LED thing) you simply connect 5 of them in parallel. That way they will all get the same voltage and at whatever current it requires