Maker Pro
Maker Pro

nokia E72 charger

ok so, set your meter to ohms range and select a suitable setting ohm range on the meter and put your probes across each side of the capacitor, if the cap is ok ul see the resistance increase slightly ul have a reading at least.

if the cap is gone the reading will be 00.

The range fluctuates idd and increases 700 mhohm (range autoselect) difficult to hold the points longer then a few seconds.. Thanks.

@mechtronics hoeray!! the phone is still dissasambled but the battery is charging. I think it is caused by a failing battery. After leaving it connected for a few hours, it suddenly started to charge.:confused::) I hope I can put it back together..

no bother. the battery was the only other alternative if the components were ok. Static could have been the cause too.

glad to hear u have found the problem.

Thanks, charging took 6 hours wich is (complete empty) but not reported. I am going to get a brand new original one. re-assembly is fairly easy but hit a few problems. the volume keys are loose bits of buttons and I could only re-fit them while mobo was in place, otherwhise they would dis-align .. But happy end! I had a replacement screws for the torx T5 since I only had t6 to start.