Maker Pro
Maker Pro

No display-Motherboard fault

A foxconn m61pmv motherboard display is not coming. RAM is working , Processor is working, PSU working all supplys are ok. The problem is in the motherboard.
Please tell me which session to check for no display problem.

Reply.

shrtrnd thanks for your reply.

But this is not sufficient answer, any other people who can help me.

One more thing that in between the display comes and when again when restart the display goes off again.

Computers have for years used POST beeps to convey failures on power up. Do you hear anything when you attempt to power on the computer?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Have you read this?

What is the display problem? No display at all?

Does the motherboard beep at all when powering up?

Are there any lights on the motherboard?

Are you using the soft power-on from the board?

Is the standby 5V supply reaching the board when the PSU is on, but the board has not yet been turned on?

NO display at all and I hear no beep.
The power LED glows. But no display.
There are no onboard LED on the MB.
Yes I tried soft power on from the board.
There power supply 5v is present and the motherboard is also working.

And additional information that will help you.
There are no external graphic card and there are no expansion card on the MB.

Sometimes the display comes.

Reply.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
OK, "no display at all", or "sometimes the display comes"

Which?

Does it display stuff sometimes?

Does the monitor indicate that it is getting sync (generally it will wake up, and possibly do an auto-config of some sort)

Do the fans come on when you use the soft-start? Do they spin briefly when you apply power?

Have you tried with a graphics card?

have you tried another monitor (or that monitor on another PC)?

What did you do just before the fault happened? (e.g. did you flash a new BIOS, or change some BIOS settings, etc..)

Ian

Administrator
Yeah, this has me confused too - I think you'll need to explain the situation in a little more detail please, Vaibhav. If you could explain when the display works and when it doesn't (as Steve said above) then that would help us help you :).

There is no problem of monitor (I tried on other monitor too).
I dont have external graphic card to check.
The MB is working, processor fan is also working & it continues to work unless the mains cable is removed. (power cable)
The problem with the BIOS is not there I did not change the settings in CMOS.

Yes the display comes sometimes at that time and the POST checking also works and the OS also load.

Reply.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
So.... Everything works, but you don't see the BIOS display as it's booting up?

And.... You want to see the BIOS display so you can change settings?

When I try 15-20-or even more times(means sometimes Luckily) restarting the power the MB start working properly it displays BIOS and even start OS as normal. Than when I shutdown the pc and start it again (restart) the problem of no display occur again.

Help.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
OK, so the display sometimes works, but most frequently does not.

When it doesn;t work, it completely fails? And doesn't turn on later?

But otherwise the system appears normal, Without the active display the system still seems to boot?

When the display does NOT come on, does the monitor do anything different as compared to the computer being turned off? i.e. does it come out of standby mode (but still display nothing)?

Yes, system boots normal when display comes.
And the monitor come out of stand-by (when monitor is in stand-by the LED is Orange and when monitor is ON LED turns to Blue).

But when again shutdown and start (restart) the MB. The monitor LED remains in Stand-by (Orange Color LED means stand-by on my monitor) and remains in stand-by.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
You don't say in that post, but I think you have said before that the system does boot (albeit without a display)

If so, I would strongly suggest getting another display card.

You may have to restart several times until you can get into the BIOS to disable the onboard adapter, or it might just happen.

I would be suspecting the onboard VGA is faulty. I have an otherwise very nice motherboard that requires a NIC because the on-board one died. It happens.

But before getting the new graphic card I want to be 100% sure that its the problem of graphic card. Or otherwise I brought a new graphic card and than found the problem was in MB.

I want to know if I can repair the on-board display instead of getting new graphic card.
I have repairing tools and I have done Computer Hardware I know every components on the motherboard and can do repairing.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
You need to get another VGA card (borrow one!) in order to test to see if the motherboard will work with an alternate adapter.

Is it fixable? Dunno. If it's a hardware problem (a fault) then probably not. (at least not easily)