Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Night vision camera boards

Hi I need advice on night vision video boards I am looking at putting a camera underwater and unfortunately my setup "can not emit any visible light" do you have any general advice or suggest any specific boards?

Hi,
The item you are looking for is 'infrared' leds.
You can buy these on the Bay very cheap for cctv cameras and adapt them for being truly waterproof and submersible.

They are usually 9-12volt DC and already in a housing. Select the type, shape, amount of leds etc and improvise.
Possibly a simple solution is a go-pro case.

Martin

Harald Kapp

Almost any CMOS based camera should be able to detect IR light. You may have to remove a filter that is mounted in front of the sensor array that usually blocks IR light (because normally you want to recod visible light, not IR).
You then add a bunch of IR LEDs to light your underwater scene.

Sorry, I have no recommendation for any specific boards.

Oops, sorry. Misread your post.
Harold is 100% correct.
There are assembled camera and IR systems for fishing etc. Around £80.

Martin

Almost any CMOS based camera should be able to detect IR light. You may have to remove a filter that is mounted in front of the sensor array that usually blocks IR light (because normally you want to recod visible light, not IR).
You then add a bunch of IR LEDs to light your underwater scene.

Sorry, I have no recommendation for any specific boards.
Thanks for the advice,
It helped a lot since I have no experience with ir

D

Deleted member 42405

You could get one these. Their meant for the Raspberry Pi but you may be able to get it to work with whatever your using. It has no IR filter. You can get them cheaper off ebay. Static electricity can destroy it tho you need to earth yourself before handling and it may not be suitable for you needs.