Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Newby to this Forum. LOWE HF-225 Reciever!

I am New to this Forum, and would like any Members help with regards my: LOWE HF-225, bought recently from EBay. I love this "Untouched" Receiver, but have found the Memory battery is Dead and requires replacement. Also I want to replace the Display LED`s for 5mm. White/Blue, to give a more pleasing look!. Although I cannot fault this excellent Receiver, the Frequency is out by approx. 20Hz. (Can I simply tune a Pre-set Capacitor, without Test equipment to an accurate Frequency!)

I would like to replace the Memory battery with: 2x AA, Alkaline Cells. Please advise me on the Lithium one`s Voltage and an equivalent suitable Wired one!

Have any of you Replaced the LED`s (What are your recommendations)

I have a lot of Electronics expertise, but unfortunately only a Basic understanding of Digital Receivers!

Please Help!

Kind regards & Best wishes,

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Sure if a picture of the battery. If it's about the same size as an AA battery but has wire leads, then it's likely to be a 3.6V non-rechargeable lithium battery.

There have a very long lifetime and don't leak. There are two good reasons not to ride them with normal batteries.

Replacements are also easily available.

Have you looked for a service manual? It may answer some of your other questions. If you can't understand it, post a link and I'm sure someone will be able to translate.

Sure if a picture of the battery. If it's about the same size as an AA battery but has wire leads, then it's likely to be a 3.6V non-rechargeable lithium battery.

There have a very long lifetime and don't leak. There are two good reasons not to ride them with normal batteries.

Replacements are also easily available.

Have you looked for a service manual? It may answer some of your other questions. If you can't understand it, post a link and I'm sure someone will be able to translate.

Yes! (I "Have" researched, to "Exhaustion") Lithium Cell: 3v6. I was thinking of: 3v (2x AA) Alkaline Batteries!
Thank you. My "First-Contact"

If "You" love Electronics & Inventive Ideas! (Please, View my Att.)

Kind regards & Best wishes,

Stephen Spencer.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I've recently replaced a pair of these batteries in some 30+ year old equipment. I replaced them in both pieces of equipment because it was not much harder than doing just one. They were clearly original equipment, and one still had sufficient voltage to preserve the "non-volatule" RAM.

I may have to replace them once more before my batteries go flat, but will I still be using 70 year old test equipment in 2050?

But sure, a pair of AA cells will do the job. Just make sure to get some that have a guarantee against leakage and the longest remaining shelf life.

davenn

Yes! (I "Have" researched, to "Exhaustion") Lithium Cell: 3v6. I was thinking of: 3v (2x AA) Alkaline Batteries!
Thank you. My "First-Contact"

As Steve said, not a good idea to use normal batteries instead of the lithium one
Lithium 3.6V ones are easy to buy, why use anything else when it is inferior ?

Dave