Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Newbie Advice Needed Please

Hi All

I appear to have previously registered so may have asked this elsewhere before.

I am trying to find a cost effective way of getting a circuit designed. I bought some odds and sods such as one of those practice circuit boards and some resistors and LED's and managed to make a half working prototype BUT it kept overheating the battery.

Basics of what I am trying to put together is.

A PCB board with an on off switch. An AA or 9v battery terminal and two rows of 4 high power LED's with 1 set of 4 being on an alternating on off switch with a 3 second timer ie on for 3 seconds off for 3 seconds.

Any idea where I would go to get a pcb board designed and maybe even made for a price that won't require me to sell my kidneys or Rob a bank?

Any advice much appreciated

Thank you.

Harald Kapp

Without knowing the specs (as requested by @davenn ) "High power LED" and 9 V battery sounds incompatible.
A typical 9 V battery has a capacity of ~600 mAh.
A high power LED (mind: what I consider high power) is operated at 500 mA or more.
A 9 V battery will live for approx. 1 hour under these conditions.
Detailed calculation requires more input data.

As for the production of the pcb: the layout is easily constructed using e.g. KiCad or Eagle or any other pcb layout software. Themanufacturing can be done by any of the pcb services you find on the internet. Be it cheap from China (but incurring possibly long waiting times) or a manufacturer in europe (enter "pcb prototype manufacturer europe" into your favorite search engine).