Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Netshop, - General Electronic Components

Hello everyone.

Today I visited (what used to be) my local wholesale company for electronic parts to pick up some resistors, capacitors, transistors etc. for my hobby project.

"Transistors", the man said, - "transistors"?
"Yes, I'll like to have 2 pcs of 2n2605 and 2 pcs of 2n2222a transistors" I tried ....
The man looked at me as if I came from an other time ... well I have passed 60 with good margin, but still.

"We don't have transistors, - nobody repairs anything anymore ... go to the internet"

Spending a good few hours searching, - ebay and others ... one thing here and one thing there. Resistors by the hundred from China.

Where do you buy parts on the net, someone who can assemble a package of what I need? I have found RadioShack, but they don't have the transistors I am searching for.

Any advise?

Thanks and best regards

Endre Furnes

scatterbrained

Passed 60 so I am scatterbrained all the time.

Checking out Anglia Live. Seems to be a nice shop. I prefer to shop in England, not that far across the North Sea.

My transistors, - 2n2605 and 2n2222a, seems to be not that common. Anything else replacing them?

Passed 60 so I am scatterbrained all the time.

Checking out Anglia Live. Seems to be a nice shop. I prefer to shop in England, not that far across the North Sea.

My transistors, - 2n2605 and 2n2222a, seems to be not that common. Anything else replacing them?
I don't know without doing a ton of diggin...
@KrisBlueNZ may have some part numbers off the top of his head... it's kind of scary how he does it.
Let's wait a bit to see if he stops in here.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
If it's just a small signal NPN transistor you're after, then a BC548 may be suitable.

If it's just a small signal NPN transistor you're after, then a BC548 may be suitable.

My friend and mentor Adam recommended them to me in this thread.

It is two PNPs and one NPN working together to switch off a line. To me, they seems to be fine tuned and well balanced. At least it works like a charm in LTSpice. On the other hand, it might well be just a small signal NPN and PNP I need. I can do some testing in LTSpice. (Why didn't I think of that before?).

Thanks steve.