Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: General Electric SSL-1 Solid State Lamp/LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on the hunt for a early LED's (1967-72) manufactured by General Electric or Monsanto. GE called them Solid State Lamps back then so their part numbers are SSL-1, SSL-2, SSL-3, and SSL-4. These LED's were in metal transistor cases like TO-29's.
Very weak light output so they aren't as common as later LED's. I would love to find one for my collection which will eventually be made into a history of led museum website. If you have one or any of the early Monsantos (MV-1 through MV-10) I'd be interested in those as well.
Here's a picture for reference:
3fHacC1.jpg

Hi, I have two SSL-1 LED's for sale. I have two that have never been taken out of the box along with the datasheet and original box that was shipped to national cash register in 1967. I have plenty of more pictures. IMG_0065.jpg

Yes. They have the original packaging for NCR in 1967. That being said they might not have been for a cash register as NCR worked on other projects.

Interesting. Legend is they were only bright enough to be used for optical encoding equipment but I've yet to come across anyone who ever used them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.