Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help with Photoelectric Intrusion Detection Wiring

I have a project where I am wiring a Bosch DS415i photoelectric intrusion detection system to a camera shutter release in order to capture small animals an night with my camera.

I plan to wire the system to a 12v lead acid battery power supply. I have bought an extra shutter release for my camera which does not need power. Normally pushing the button on the shutter release will touch two wires together and fire the camera and flash off.

My question is, after dissembling the shutter release are there terminals in the photoelectric intrusion detection system which will close the loop and fire the shutter without putting current into the camera? If not, what will I need to make this work?

The Bosch DS415i photoelectric intrusion detection system direction including wiring diagram and located here.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Chris

After learning more I realize I probably need to wire a relay to ports 3 and 4 on the received and then wire my camera shutter release to the relay. Is this correct?

davenn

After learning more I realize I probably need to wire a relay to ports 3 and 4 on the received and then wire my camera shutter release to the relay. Is this correct?

reading the datasheet it infers that pins 3 and 4 are a set of NO contacts of a relay that is on the unit's PCB and hence pins 4 and 5 are a NC set of contacts.
you can confirm that with a multimeter set to Ohms range or continuity (buzz) test and it should buzz or show 0 Ohms (short cct) between 4 and 5 and open cct between 3 and 4
and when the unit (alarm) is activated pins 3 and 4 should show short cct

Thus you can wire 3 and 4 directly to the camera's cable release switch (in parallel with)

D