Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with Night Vision setup for my Rifle

Alright if you google "DIY night vision rolaids" you will see what I plan to attempt, But I would like to take it to the next level and clean it up... mainly the screen/lcd portion and need your help.

I have two ideas
1. use IR bullet camera, IR booster source and those TV glasses (one eye version) for viewing your night visioned image in one eye but I dono how you can use your scope with that setup... you can see NV but not aim NV.
2. put a see through LCD screen infront of the scope and align the scope reticle view with the camera view.

essentially it would be two overlapping images... one the natural scope image you see with your eye, and at night when you switch to NV the LCD screen turns on so when you look through the scope you see the retical still, but also see what your camera sees (because its a see through screen)

Basically I want a tiny HD LCD screen that I can put infront of my scope and still see through it if I want to use the scope by itself.

What do you guys think? Im by no means electronically inclined but I can shoot a rats balls at 200 yards... I like thinking outside the box and I like having things that work and cost alot less... FYI Good night bision costs about 3000-10000

The only way that I can think of to do this would be to use a tiny projector and some of that layered glass that can be either translucent or clear depending on whether or not it has voltage passing through. Any LCD screen that you would take from another device is going to result in nothing but shadows at best.

if you put the bullet camera right on top of the scope and use the monocle video glasses you can still hold the gun as you would if you were looking down the scope and it would still look right to your eye. You would just have to make sure that the scope and camera are perfectly aligned and remember to aim a little higher when using the night vision.

I've got two thoughts, non-technical.
First, You are going to have one heck of a time sighting something like that in.
Second, You better make darned sure whatever you put together will survive recoil.
I suppose it's no help if you're expecting to shoot in complete darkness, but Aimpoint
does just fine in the early evening. It's simple and a lot cheaper.
Good luck with the project.

A piece of glass at 45 degrees across the scope with the display above or to the side may work if the display is bright - the glass acts like a partial mirror. With the display off you can see through it. With the display on it reflects the display into the scope.