Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need a servo/motor and controller for a project

1GsUb

I am putting a paintball gun into a Nerf gun, and what I'd like is to have the paintballs stay in the rather large battery compartment, and be pushed upto the paintball gun through a tube.

I thought using some sort of stepper motor or servo and a controller/arduino to control the motor

Problem is, that since this is a mechanic paintball gun, it shoots once per trigger pull, then resets, so I cant have a motor constantly pushing balls to it, as they would jam or break.

So I need a way to push a switch (attached to the trigger) and have that cycle a single ball forward, then rinse and repeat per pull.

Suggestions for motors, controllers, and maybe a simple switch?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-05-21-10-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-05-21-10-47.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 53
how about a switch like this one ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SA-...2471021675.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.25.LahPZD

will you be manually pulling the trigger ? if not then the arduino could send signal to some motor which in turn will pull the trigger and at the same time the arduino to signal the other motor to feed balls. You could use a pushbutton to order the arduino execute the above cycle.
Yes, the trigger will be pulled manually, and then hit the switch connected to the arduino

And I may have found a switch I can use, though the one you linked is perfect