Maker Pro
Maker Pro

nad receiver volume control problem

I am trying to find a replacement for an obsolete rotary potentiometer volume control for a nad 7175 stereo receiver, it is a unique design, 2 20k ohms sections and 2 50k ohm sections, it's a 2 stage control with volume on the outside knob and balance on the inside , any help will be greatly appreciated.

Those parts are typically made of unobtanium.
If the problem is noise and you have very skilled and experienced hands, potentiometers can be dismantled and cleaned with alcohol or dismantled and the wipers derailed to virgin paths to restore clean funcionality.
You must remember well how everything goes together and use no force that can damage something.

Thanks so much for the response, that's what my friend will end up doing if he can't find the exact replacement. I can't believe that someone somewhere doesn't make a close part that you could use in these nad receivers, they were such an awesome unit, they are still getting between 150-200 dollars a piece on ebay in working order.After posting this question a few different forums this is the only response that i have got.I just hate to give up on such a powerhouse of a receiver.Thanks again