Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mystery small signal?? transformer?? w part number

I have a circuit board with 10 little, what appears to be "transformers"... They could also be DC-DC converters, or similar...

The sticker on each has two rows of numbers...

The top number reads CZ870125V3-1304

...the bottom appears to be a serial number, because it is different on each component...

I would assume that this breaks down to series 870??? 125volt @ 3A?? but this is a complete guess...
Any ideas what it is? where I can get a replacement?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20160705_100819.jpg
    IMG_20160705_100819.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 92
They may well be ferrite core and are used in SMPS switching, you may have to do a little reverse engineering to determine the usage first.
M.

They're used in a ElectroMuscle Stimulation EMS / TENS (Trans-cutaneous Electronical Nerve Stimulation) machine --

output is AC
nominally at 50-60v peak....
-- very short duty cycle of ~ 400us pulses, occurring @ 85 hz, 2 seconds on, and then 10 off...

TECHNICALLY it can go up to 200v output w same time constraints...

Pulse transformers.
I have purchased some from Hammond Transformers, not that part No however.
Max,

Pulse transformers.
I have purchased some from Hammond Transformers, not that part No however.
Max,
Thanks! I'll check them out...
I may just take your advice and unsolder the old one, measure ohms on the primary or secondary (whichever is still in tact...), and test one of the good units to see what the step-up ratio is w a small signal.
Mike

Thanks! I'll check them out...
I may just take your advice and unsolder the old one, measure ohms on the primary or secondary (whichever is still in tact...), and test one of the good units to see what the step-up ratio is w a small signal.
Mike

Before you do that i would suggest you try to find it's pinout diagram because most pulse transformers are consisted of multiple coils and many center tap's.