Maker Pro
Maker Pro

My PC doesn't turn on! even the fans don't spin!

Hello!
I've abandoned my computer desktop for a while and now it doesn't turn on! when I press the power button nothing happens and even the CPU, GPU, and PSU fans don't spin!
My motherboard is "ZOTAC Z68-ITX WIFI Supreme" and when I plug the power cable to electricity a green light on the motherboard turns on but nothing else! I've changed the power supply and still the same issue I also removed all the components and tried turning on my computer one at a time and still the same issue! I even tried to turn it on via the motherboard using a screwdriver supposing that the power button doesn't work but still the same problem!
What I've noticed also is that sometimes the ram and CPU heat up a little bit when it is connected to electricity but the fans don't turn and I get no signal!

I've attached pictures of the motherboard and the CPU Socket maybe there's something wrong with the pins or something!

Could you please help?

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-08_17-17-29.jpg
    photo_2021-08-08_17-17-29.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 10
  • photo_2021-08-08_17-17-32.jpg
    photo_2021-08-08_17-17-32.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to EP!
This is a long shot, but is that a coin cell in the bottom left of pic 2? If so and it's dead (or nearly so), that might be the culprit if it supplies something which the BIOS needs to get started.

Welcome to EP!
This is a long shot, but is that a coin cell in the bottom left of pic 2? If so and it's dead (or nearly so), that might be the culprit if it supplies something which the BIOS needs to get started.

Thank you for the reply :)
I changed that with another one from another motherboard and still the same issue!
Also, do you need any other close-up images so you could see better?

Last edited:

bertus

Hello,

Are both power connectors fitted?
The 24 pin is the main power, the 4 pin is for the CPU.
See page 15 of the manual.

Bertus

Hello,

Are both power connectors fitted?
The 24 pin is the main power, the 4 pin is for the CPU.
See page 15 of the manual.

Bertus

YES! Same as shown in the picture!

0WN2T.jpg

Thank you for the reply :)
I changed that with another one from another motherboard and still the same issue!
Also, do you need any other close-up images so you could see better?
Check the in circuit voltage of the battery. Verify it is correct per it's part number. The other motherboard may also have a dead battery.

Power supplies are notoriously flakey. Don't assume the other one you replace dit with, was in good shape- if it was used. The symptoms you are describing point to a failing or failed power supply.