Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motorola 365 Transistor

B

baron

Does anybody have any data for a Motorola branded transistor in a metal
TO18 can with just the Motorola logo and 365/026 marked on it
and "KOREA" stamped in the top. Google provides plenty of hits but no
help. Every man and his dog seem to be trying to sell them though !

I've also found a couple of very interesting Ferranti IC's that I can't
identify, but they will have to wait whilst I can photograph them.

Thanks in advance.

If your transistor is actually stamped with a slash between the two, three-digit numbers, disregard this post.
I'm guessing your part is stamped with a proprietary (people on these sites call them 'in-house' part numbers, with the data owned by the company they're made for).
Fluke has 6-digit numbering system, but I've NEVER seen their parts marked with a slash separating the two, 3-digit numbers.
Hewlett Packard (now Agilent), has a 8-digit (two, 4-digit numbers, separated by a dash only).
Tektronix has a 9-digit (3-digits, dash, 4-digits, dash, 2-digits).
Both HP and Tekt occasionally have abbreviated numbers (you're supposed to already know what the prefixes for the character groups are, ...they're marked that way for the factory installers to know when inserting the parts).
I don't know anybody that uses a slash to separate the threee-digit numbers.
HP USED to (1960's into early 1970's have a 6-digit numbering system. I'll check my old HP cross-refs next time I have a chance, and if I find anything, I'll post the info I find).
Sorry not much help, but I'll let you know if I find anything.

I've checked every cross reference I've got.
Can't find any standard for the 365/026 made by Motorola.
Like I suspected, you've probably got a part made by Motorola for some company, that owns the rights to the part numbering system. (Motorola made it for a company, and stamped that company's part number on it).
If you've got a line on all those people trying to sell them, try sending them an email or two, asking if they know what they were made to be installed in, or what company they were made for. Maybe you'll get lucky.