Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Milwaukee Battery Problem

Autozone and their battery warranty. Did I get beat ?
I went to start my 'weekend' car today and it was totally dead. I tried charging it but no go. I've had this happen before and it's usually when the battery is too far gone and needs to be replaced.
I don't remember when I bought the duralast gold battery so no receipt but a sticker on the side of the battery said 9/16 so I was hoping I did buy it less than 3 years ago.
They pulled up the info when I gave them my phone number but said there was no warranty on it. I asked him when I bought it but he didnt say. He then said that probably at the time I bought the battery there was no 3 year warranty. Is that true?
is there anyone can help me? Many thanks.

Moderatots note : removed commercial link

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to the consumer affairs advocate in your state. Supply a timeline of facts, etc..

Sometimes you get help, many times no.

I had some guy at a parts/service store, VIP, try to pull some BS on an inspection,
"my tires discolored", supplied State with info, they directed to appropriate department,
State called VIP and quickly I got a call was told to come back to get my sticker.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer / help from State make sure you ask them who
in government responds to consumer complaints, put them on notice.

Good luck.

Regards, Dana.

He then said that probably at the time I bought the battery there was no 3 year warranty. Is that true?
The warranty may have been as little as 12 months (legally). Batteries are devices that suffer from mis-use and therefore capable of being damaged by the buyer and the seller can't accept 'unlimited' responsibility as they could end up with an ever-increasing demand from people who don't fit/use them correctly.

If you - and I stress 'you' since it was in your possession at that time - allowed the battery to discharge beyond its safe level (thereby preventing it from being recharged) then that's no fault of the seller. It's a case of 'suck it up' - and remember to keep a check on the replacement in future.