Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Measuring accurate low current which measurement hardware to buy

Hi

I'm a hobbyist, but recently for work i had to take the place of the "electronic guy". I will be using an ESP8266, and it's power consumption can go from 10uA to 80mA, as the project is battery powered, we need during dev of the board and the software for the MCU to be aware constantly of our power usage. So i need a benchtop multimeter/oscilloscope/magic wand that will be able to measure accurately my current and that will be able internally or by pc connection (wire, no wireless) to log over long period of time (hours) the measure, and the software must not sux ;p
I tried to find such device without breaking the bank (even if it's the company one, they must accept the buy).

My selection for the instant is :

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-8808A-...47&sr=8-1&keywords=fluke+bench+multimeter+USB

what are your pick ?

Thanks for your help

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Go to eevblog and look at his microcurrent device. This is ideal for doing the measurement, period you can have a microcontroller log the readings.

Harald Kapp

Welcome to EP.
You're on the good site - qualitywise.
Cost is another issue. If your company accepts the price tag, then go ahead.

But you may also have a look at the less expensive Fluke 287. It can log autonomously to internal memory, data can later be read to a PC using the PC interface cable (supplied, optically isolated) and evaluated using the FlukeView Forms software (included in the kit version) or exported to e.g. Excel.
As a bonus this instrument is portable and will work happily away from your workbench.