Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Macbook Pro Dock Killing my WIFI

First and foremost I am a total electronics DIY noob so please excuse my ignorance.

I recently bought a LandingZone docking device for my macbook pro 15 retina and its been causing havoc to my wifi when my external display is plugged in to the dock.

Before having the dock (and now since I cannot use the internet with the dock) my work setup consist of my macbook pro and an LG external monitor that is connected via thunderbolt. This has been my setup since Nov 2017 and it always works fine - no wifi issues. The minute I connect that same thunderbolt cable to the dock and then dock the computer, my gigabit connection drops to ~4mbps. I undock the computer and in a matter of seconds it's back up to ~350mbps. I troubleshot the other ports on the dock to see if any of those interfered with the wifi connection, and no other port interfered - just the thunderbolt port. I thought maybe it did not have any isolation tape on it but it does already.

Attached are some photos of the port in question.

Can anyone offer any advice on what the issue may be, and what I can do to fix it?

Thank you for any help.

2019-04-09-1.jpg 2019-04-09-2.jpg 2019-04-09-3.jpg 2019-04-09.jpg