Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LM338 Power Supply: Help with Schematic

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
The easiest and safest way is to fins a plugpack that is suitably rated. Starting out with a suitably rated laptop proer supply from a defunct laptop may be the way to go. Frequently you find these rated at around 18VDC and 2 or 3A

You may be able to pick one up cheaper than a transformer, so it may have other benefits.

Another option is to find someone qualified (or at least very experienced) to guide you and to check your work.

The easiest and safest way is to fins a plugpack that is suitably rated. Starting out with a suitably rated laptop proer supply from a defunct laptop may be the way to go. Frequently you find these rated at around 18VDC and 2 or 3A

You may be able to pick one up cheaper than a transformer, so it may have other benefits.

Another option is to find someone qualified (or at least very experienced) to guide you and to check your work.

Yeah thanks. I think I might just get a power brick rated for about 15-18V (plugpack) and then step down that voltage via a home built supply. This way I won't have to worry about shorting out my entire blocks electricity. Okay, not quite, but just to avoid doing something wrong.

Thanks again.