Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Links and resources

Hi there Mods,

Was wondering if you have considered a library of links and resources that others have found to be excellent resources. Of course there are tons of resources out there on the web, but for newbies, there are many incorrect schematics and not particularly well explained info out there, but there are some excellent ones.

I have only been on here for a short while, but it has become my goto for electronics that I can't get my head around mainly due to not being able to find the hidden gems. A good example of this is two topics I have been trying to learn of late, one is op amps, which let's face it are very useful and one of the first things you learn about in any electronics course, but to be perfectly honest, most people I spoke to in my degree was still a little flummoxed as to where you would use them, hence, I still have not found a way to really experiment on them. However I bet there are some excellent resources out there that address this that I have not been able to find. The other example is for 555 timers where I found this well laid out and very informative link here.

One of the main reasons I think is google, I have found much more useful stuff about electronics using stumble upon, but I would like a place I could go where I can find good resources by topic. Just a suggestion that most likely has been addressed, but no harm in asking eh.

Regards

Rob