Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Led flashlight question

hello, I'm new here and have a led flashlight question. It is a k5 tactical flashlight, 1 aa battery, three modes. High, low, and strobe, I use the flashlight daily at my job. I would like to get rid of the low and strobe features cause they cause more trouble than what they are worth. I did this on a different brand flashlight by bypassing the little circuit board and just wiring the led direct to the batt. and switch. I try this with the k5 and its a no go. What am I missing? One batt won't power it without the circuitry but 2 will. So I but the light back to stock and it works with just the one battery like it is ment to. Is there any way around this? Thanks for any help!
Dean

Hi Dean,
The cicuitry is more than likely a DC to DC boost converter. Hence why it works with two batteries without the circuit.
You may be able to replace the circuit with a single boost converter from Ebay.
But I doubt you would be lucky to find one that fits your torch housing.

Martin

Hahaha Bob,
I just re-read my post. My, doesn't that word sound ancient!!
But Brits are lazy. So one syllable words flow easier!

I don't know why I used that out of date term as the OP used it 5 times!!:rolleyes:

Martin

The multiple modes with one button suggests the presence of a microcontroller and either a current regulating circuit or more likely a simple PWM drive. Your chances of successfully modifying it to your purpose without destroying it are small. Just buy a Fenix PD35, 960 Lumens for $70. It has 6 modes but the mode select is accomplished with a separate switch so it remembers the brightness level at switch off and returns to it when switched back on.