Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Laptop motherboard problem

Hello,

i have a samsung np550p7c laptop. The laptop screens shows white/black image only, but with external monitor works fine. Both the screen and the cable works 100% well(tested). The problem is that before i bought the new cable the old cable had snapped cabels and i used to connect/disconnect the cable from the motherboard repeatedly on a turned on machine(stupid as hell) and the screen work. Now it doesnt work neither with new cable,old cable or screen(all tested on other laptop works fine) so i quess i must have short circuited something on the mobo. I doubt that someone can help me on this but ill give it a shot. Maybe someone knows what did i do to the mobo? Maybe i fried some condensator or the male pins that the cable connects to? The laptop is old enough so i wont be getting it fixed for money, but i have soldered some things earlier so maybe i could make this work.
This is the image that it transmits. At start its fully white, after loading a bit it turns into this:
https://imgur.com/a/GMxSWi2
Thank you

Soldering motherboards is a whole new level, needing special equipment, I think. If Windows 10 I don't think you can swap mobos, but prior to 10, I think you can. Reason being I think the the 25 digit COA is embedded in the mobo with windows 10, possibly windows 8 too, not sure?

Harald Kapp

This is the image that it transmits.
This image is, sorry, useless. What we need is a picture of the motherboard wehre the LCD driver chips sit. These are possibly next to the LCD connector.

repeatedly on a turned on machine(stupid as hell)
I will not object ;). electronics can easily be destroyed when used in this way without being explicitly designed to be hot-pluggable (also known as hot-swappable) which the LCD driver most certainly is not.

Therefore you need to locate the drivers and replace them. That is still no guarantee that the laptop will work but a good first step.