Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kipor ig 3000 cdi bypass

Hello,
Can sombody help me, i have a kipor ig 3000 generator. The generator part was broken i guess the inverter module but i wasn't sure. I picked it up for a low price. But i want to use the engine for a go kart. But when i apply full throttle it comes to a rev limiter on just 1/3 of throttle posistion. This comes from the cdi. But is there a possibility to bypass that cdi that i can rev it out?
Thanks

If the ignition module is like this, then its not a CDI its Transistor swiching Ignition. It also has a micro chip in it & its well sealed in epoy resin.KIPOR IGNITER MODULE.jpg IGN MODULE & RESISTANCES..JPG TRIG PULSE. X10 probe,CRO.JPG IGN COIL PRIMARY. 5V AC,CRO.JPG

I doubt it.
It is more than likely programmed that way.
As you can see, this is a potted device but even if it wasn't you would need to reprogram it.
Best of luck there.
What Debe has done is given you some info to carry on with in finding a compatible or similar transistor switch unit.
Usually one relies on "hacks" from others who have already trodden the path and done all the ground work.
I very much doubt you will find anything along these lines for a generator motor.

A basic system would be use a Bosch ADY17 ignition module, which is designed to be triggered with a reluctor. The trigger coil may actualy trigger the Bosch module. Its some thing i would try if my Kipor gen module failed.

Have a look at RCexel ignition systems. They are intended for model engines but work just as well on larger types. They are triggered by a magnet mounted on the crankshaft plus a Hall effect sensor.

Have a look at RCexel ignition systems. They are intended for model engines but work just as well on larger types. They are triggered by a magnet mounted on the crankshaft plus a Hall effect sensor.
And it is then just plug and play when i order one like that?

They're mostly designed for 2 stroke with 2 stroke advance curves and they are CDI.

They,re designed for small model engines.
At around Aus$80 to $90 a piece, I wouldn't take a chance on it.
Plenty of pocket rocket (mini motorcycles) systems out there with cheap bits e.g. coils for $6 to $8 but you have to have some idea of what you are doing.

They,re designed for small model engines.
At around Aus$80 to $90 a piece, I wouldn't take a chance on it.
Plenty of pocket rocket (mini motorcycles) systems out there with cheap bits e.g. coils for $6 to $8 but you have to have some idea of what you are doing.
And that is going to work with the pickup type ignition system from the generator engine?

The whole thing needs just a 4.8 to 6V dc supply which could be a minor but not insurmountable issue. The ignition coil is contained within the control box. All that you have to wire up, is the power supply to the box, and the lead for the Hall sensor. The HT cable for the spark exits the box as well. Also there is an output for a digital tacho unit.

They are all the same as far as I can remember. Just look up RCEXEL ingnition. Many online model shops sell them. One thing to be aware of is that they have a number of different spark plug connectors (they are permanently attached) available so make sure you get the correct type for you engine.

Have just found the link below which takes you to a supplier that seems to have a variety of systems available.

http://www.rcextremepower.net/rcxpignitions.html

KIPOR IGN.1.JPG KIPOR IGN.2.JPG This does fire using the Kipor pulse coil, the ign coil is off a kipor gen. The coil is trigered by a piece of metal on the outside of the fly wheel. This was using 12v. You want to use it with out a battery probably a bridge rectifier & a 2200uf 50V capacitor fed from the igniter power winding as is used in the original system.KIPOR IGN.1.JPG KIPOR IGN.2.JPG

Thanks for the help, but if i delete the system with the "cdi" now. The engine wont be governored anymore, so isn't it going to damage the engine?