Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Isolation Transformer?

And to prevent propagating further misunderstanding, could we just close this thread without banning @SailingHome at this time? Mebbe later, 'cause I don't think he is one of us... Need to see some more dialog from him in a new thread to be sure.
Thanks. Look… Thailand electric is the #1 killer here annually. I want to do this right and there ars zero comercial options. If someone wants to tell.me how to step a CPU PSU to 17v or something, I am all ears. Enough people have said I can't isolate, so, I am lost.

I AM NO LONGER AN EE. I wnt on to a masters, 3 doctorates, and many other things. I didn't know I was being rude aski.g how to do this. I sincerely Pologize and tha.k Ll.of you for your time.

And... yes, I would GLADLY pay someone to supply a 17v serial bus adding to safe mains or 17VDC PSU of high amerage safe for thailand

No, no. I should be clear. I am a scientist and have a geant to cool a datacenter for Microsoft.
No, you should be honest.
A massive company worth a trillion dollars shouldn't have any trouble sourcing qualified people to do the job correctly.
This wouldn't be their first rodeo.

I'm with bluejets, get someone qualified to do the job so no one gets hurt.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
WTF would anyone with an engineering degree choose to use highly inefficient Peltier thermoelectric heat pumps for anything other than spot-cooling hard-to-access components? AFAIK no one uses TECs to cool an entire server rack, much less a data center full of server racks. And how are you planning to get rid of the heat the TEC devices produce? A data center requires refrigerated forced-air cooling with humidity control. The latter is usually achieved by re-heating conditioned air (from which water has been removed by condensation) and adding it back into the air stream under control of a humidity sensor.

So you claim to be a "scientist" with a grant to cool a data center for Microsoft? Does that go along with your three PhD degrees and your BA with masters degree in engineering? I call BS on all of that. Show us your credentials and a copy of the Microsoft grant. MS doesn't make money by hiring incompetents to design and build cooling systems for their data centers. Why should we believe they would "hire" you?

And how did 220 VAC @ 15 A morph into 17 VDC @ 2 kW for your "isolation transformer?"