Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Inverters connected

I presume 'paralleled' (I mean, why would anyone wire them in series???)

You can, but only under strict synchronising rules so if your inverter(s) don't have this facility then the task becomes extremely difficult and potentially very expensive.

The easier way would be to to switch between the two as required - assuming your intention is not to simply increase the power output.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Ahh, so set up one inverter to produce mains voltage, then try to use a grid-tie inverter to boost it's output.

The anti-islanding will almost certainly detect that you're not connected to the real mains and shut down.

I believe one of the things that anti-islanding does is check the impedance of the mains. A normal inverter probably won't pass that test.

Ahh, so set up one inverter to produce mains voltage, then try to use a grid-tie inverter to boost it's output.

The anti-islanding will almost certainly detect that you're not connected to the real mains and shut down.

I believe one of the things that anti-islanding does is check the impedance of the mains. A normal inverter probably won't pass that test.
Hi Steve yes as you said switch on an inverter with a batt bank and then to boost power use another grid tie to other solar panels. This is not possible? What's anti island that you mentioned? Thanks.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Any islanding is a requirement on grid tie inverters to (pretty specifically) stop them from doing what you want them to in this case.