Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Inserting Images

I find it really frustrating to first upload an image on the net and then provide the link.
I find it slightly less frustrating (but still frustrating) to attach an image and only see a thumbnail at the bottom of the post instead of the whole image.

Several other forums I've visited let users insert images by uploading them directly from their computer. Do/Can we have that feature ?

Also, while we're talking about it, what site do you use to upload images ?

davenn

hi there
yes this forum has that feature, you will see many many posts where there are normal sized images and uploading from the puter is easy

see the 2 buttons below your reply text box post quick reply and ?

use the Go Advanced one and when you scroll the page a bit you will see a button labelled manage attachments

clicking on this button will open an upload window to get the image from your puter
click on the top browse button and get the file from your puter then click on the upload button. You wil see the attached file name appear under the current attachments heading Now close that management window.

Now stopping at that point will just produce a thumbnail at the bottom of your post that people can click on. like this

Dave

Attachments

• dural rail OpAmp use.GIF
    dural rail OpAmp use.GIF
    3.1 KB · Views: 165

davenn

to produce an inline image requires a couple more steps

in the upload management window, right click on that attached file name and select copy shortcut
and close that upload window

In your main text window place you cursor where you want the image to appear, then from the buttons above the text box select the insert image button its below the green left arrow button. A window will open, right click and paste the shortcut you copied earlier, it will appear in that line and when you click OK it will appear in the text window where you placed the cursor and you will end up with this....

attachment.php

some advice....
1) keep your images to 800x600 or less
2) recompress images so that are under 100kb
for line drawings like the 2 examples I have shown, they were drawn in paintbrush and saved as a .GIF and are only a few ,10kb each

cheers
Dave

Attachments

• Aurora Reflection.GIF
    Aurora Reflection.GIF
    3.1 KB · Views: 219

davenn

ALWAYS try to upload images to the forum
uploading to some other site is truely a pain in the butt for people to go to
full of advertising crap, often take forever to load up etc etc
And the worse part... if that other site goes down or you loose your account for some reason then the link placed in this forum becomes dead and no one can review the image

cheers
Dave

Now why didn't I think of that!
It would have been more obvious if there was an extra option in 'insert image' that just says 'upload from computer' or something, but at least I know now.

Thanks a lot!