Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Woo-Woo Infrasound and leaky feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that coaxial, used as a leaky feeder, can help to extend a WiFi network or create a communications system.

I see that the leaky feeder is a specialized application of coaxial manufactured to leak in measured amounts. When coaxial degenerates or is abandoned and left without connection to devices, does it behave as a leaky feeder? This would mean that those of us who discontinue use of coax but do not remove the cable from our houses effectively have leaky feeders running through the house? I do see that coaxial acts like an antenna and perhaps that is its primary purpose in a cable television system. But its capabilities as an antenna seem to be separate from its use as a leaky feeder.

Now for the audio component of this question: I've been being harassed by audio (in a scheme that involves but is not limited to WiFi repeaters deployed around my home and a Sonos system from the looks of the 802.11 frame captures and other network surveys) in my home. The sound behaves like infrasound (pressure waves stirred by movement of air, for example) and there is sound on any device (probably with a tuner) when I elevate the volume for music, conferences, and so on. I know the people who are the chief instigators in what appears to be a real estate scam to turn over housing.

To sever my connection to the numerous unsecured hot spots and networks that overlay my property or seem to allow for the transport of malicious sound into my dwelling, I finally tried cutting the coaxial cable coming into the house that I no longer use. The level of infrasound dropped significantly, almost to nothing during the overnight hours when I've been turning off my router. I had a service come and remove the unused wire from the side of the house and the level of harassment by infrasound remains low. My WiFi is always off, and that has made little difference to the situation. I moved to fiber a few years back to try to mitigate this situation and, based on the higher frequency sound that still permeates my environment since beginning to eliminate the coax, I'm certain that sound is also coming over the Cat5 formerly used for DSL -- this might be the sound that ends up on my devices. I'm not sure exactly what the path is. But the numerous WiFi repeaters that seem to have been deployed over and around my home to provide coverage even though my WiFi is shut down, seem to indicate that I've living in an RF-enriched environment. If anyone understands how 802.11ac over RF-based communications boxes and routers might affect them, I'd be interested in hearing. I think the typical wireless gateway devices may be vulnerable to this kind of rogue signal.

I know that I'm not the only one in this unusual situation and would like to be able to understand whether the infrasound was likely produced from the Sonos or another sound system and whether the coaxial just happens to be a useful distribution mechanism for sound in the lower frequencies, which might be the case based on what I see. At any rate, this is not an easy situation to get the police or the city I live in to help. Perhaps, if I am able to pin down the interactions between household communications and broadcast systems in this type of scenario, it will be easier to prevent others from being harassed in their homes in this same way.

There's more to it than this, but this email does describe the fundamental situation. Deeper expertise than my own would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how one decides what is real & what is just in one's head.
Leaky feeders are designed. Normal coax is designed to not leak as that would be power loss. If your coax has a number on the side, then you can look up its specs. If it's a standard number then it's not leaking anything much as that's what it is designed to not do.
If these things trouble you, perhaps you should accept that you need to keep them turned off.

davenn

o sever my connection to the numerous unsecured hot spots and networks that overlay my property or seem to allow for the transport of malicious sound into my dwelling, I finally tried cutting the coaxial cable coming into the house that I no longer use. The level of infrasound dropped significantly, almost to nothing during the overnight hours when I've been turning off my router.

Infrasound has nothing to do with RF and leaky feeders

When infrasound is transported over 802.11 networks, radio frequency and coaxial are easily factors. And as coaxial ages and deteriorates or when it is mishandled, it may not be well shielded and may leak.

When bad actors make use of the abandoned infrastructure that service providers expose on the sides of your home, you might find that it's not so easy to turn it off.

Given these responses, I can see that this forum is not the right place for my question.

I think somebody’s spying on you and have hidden transmitters in your walls.
All you need is an RF bug finder.
Remember that the human head is also an antenna, so place foil over your head while bug hunting.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.