Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ideas and Feedback

Ian

Administrator
I've got a little more free time over the next few weeks, so I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on how we can improve things at Electronics Point :).

If you've got any thoughts, please let me know in this thread and I'll see what can be done. It can be anything from new forum sections to additional functionality on the site :D.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I'd like moderators to be able to enter very short replies like "no". Sometimes that's all you need to say ;) And perhaps a larger inbox so we can keep some messages for posterity -- you know the sort.

Ian

Administrator
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

PM storage has been upped already, and I'll have a look at the other settings in the coming days. :)

Are there any types of tutorials and calculators you'd like to see florinanghel? I'll see what I can do.

Well, I see there's only two calculators, but much more stuff to be calculated. Lazy people require all the calculators they can get. :)

And for the tutorials, there's more parts to talk about (transistors, transformers, alternators etc.) and many application tutorials that will teach people with practice. After all, I might know exactly what each part does, but I might still not understand the whole circuit. I'm sure I'm not the only curious beginner here who wants to do cool stuff that involves electronics. :)

And for the tutorials, there's more parts to talk about (transistors, transformers, alternators etc.) and many application tutorials that will teach people with practice. After all, I might know exactly what each part does, but I might still not understand the whole circuit. I'm sure I'm not the only curious beginner here who wants to do cool stuff that involves electronics.

I second this, I would really enjoy reading more tutorials and examples of common uses of these parts. I never get tired of learning as much as I can about anything electric and electronic.

off the top of my head, "impedance" seems to be a word I can not grasp the full of. ;) Lets hope more people feel like if they can contribute, they will!!!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Thanks for the thoughts, I'll see what I can do in adding some extra tutorials, calcs and information - hopefully starting from next week :).

Ian

Administrator
There's an open source electronics textbook which covers everything in detail, so I'm going to upload that to the site - however this will take some time! I'm going to do it chapter by chapter and I'll post here once it's done :).

I got some more feedback, how about a specific section for people who want to advertise or maybe even a spot where people can pay to advertise on this site.

Lately it seems there has been a lot of this going on in the general forums.

Ian

Administrator
I got some more feedback, how about a specific section for people who want to advertise or maybe even a spot where people can pay to advertise on this site.

Lately it seems there has been a lot of this going on in the general forums.

At some point we may add a section where there can be classifieds or a section where useful commercial information could be added. At the moment, 95% of the commercial posts are spam for iphones, electronics components etc.. - so if you see one of those, just click the "report post" button and one of us can remove it :). These posts are normally zapped pretty quick, as soon as one of the mods or myself spot it.

One of the problems with forums is that they are often targetted for spam, even with all of the anti-spam measures in place. We do try to do all we can to prevent it from appearing :).

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I think we need an "Alarm system" forum. We seem to be getting a lot of questions on those. We also have a few people who seem very adept at answering those questions (and I know I'm not one of them).

Ian

Administrator
I think we need an "Alarm system" forum. We seem to be getting a lot of questions on those. We also have a few people who seem very adept at answering those questions (and I know I'm not one of them).

Yep, there does seem to be a growing number of alarm system enquiries - once I'm back home I'll take a look at add this and any other relevant sections.