Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I Need Some Help With a Level Indicator Project

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
If you want dirt-cheap/simple, how about a 2-axis spirit level on the motor housing, and a 45 degree mirror above to view it?

Edit: Or one of these might be easier to mount.
What!? Four bucks for a bubble level plus a Dollar Store mirror? Where's the technology? Where's the fun? Where's the smartphone with the bubble-level app? Why not ditch the mirror and hire a helper to read the bubble level and give hand-signals to the person in the cab? Help keep an immigrant gainfully employed.

On another note...
Why do you think I drive one of these. Just had it professionally cleaned today. :D
I am guessing, Adam, that the big bux from your royalties allow you to purchase a rat ride with any color scheme you want. Wouldn't be my first color choice, but I really do like your small vent windows... I had those on my 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 but can't find them on newer automobiles. <sigh> BTW, the Cougar finally rusted out, so I gave it away to a local teenager sometime in the late 1980s so he could build his own ratmobile.

No mirrors, no Mejicanos, no lasers, no smart phones, no boxes...
Welcome to a post level...

images

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Hi Hop,
Adam linked to one as well in post #3. I don't think they are the same. What would be the difference? Martin
Not sure there is any practical difference. The one Adam linked to is made by Analog Devices, the one I linked to is made by Freescale. Both are sold mounted on circuit board with supporting components by Adafruit. The ADXL345 claims 13-bit resolution while the MMA8451 claims 14-bit. You would have to examine the datasheets in some detail to determine which one to choose.

No mirrors, no Mejicanos, no lasers, no smart phones, no boxes...
Welcome to a post level...

images
Oooh! I want one! I have to install a fence on my northside property line, but the holes will be made by hand with a "clam shell" post-hole digger. Looks like your tool will allow me to position the fence posts properly before the concrete hardens. Not sure how this is applicable to powered augers mounted on Bobcat loaders though...

Hop

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
I can only see one axis of freedom (fwd rev) I don't see L/R
I am no expert on front-end loaders (or whatever this tracked beastie is), but I believe you rotate left or right by applying differential-drive to the tracks, like an army tank does. It probably requires a good bit of finesse to turn and move forward/backward at the same time..

I mean for the drill, Looking at it again it may have 2 axis, its hard to make out This has 2 axis drill Abt 8 min in.

Last edited: