Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to identify PCB Components on Battery BMS

Hello fellas, I'm new to the forum.
I've actively been trying to gather information to develop a fundamental understanding of the batteries I've recently purchased in bulk in order to best use them for several projects I have in mind.

The LIPO cells were used in small laptop builds, and the electronics company was dissolved.

The LIPO cells are in a 1S2P configuration, to which each of the 2 are wired to what I'm assuming is a bms pcb under the wrapping. Manufactured by TCL hyperpower, I've contacted the manufacturer to no avail.

3.8V, 10,400 mah (2x 5200 cells).
part # Eg20-1s10400-t1t2
8 wire harness (3 positive, 3 negative, a yellow and white wire) I believe the white is temp since "T" is labeled on the PCB.

How would I go about learning exactly what this board is, and what each wire/component does to figure out how to best use these when creating a larger battery pack out of these.

I'd like to keep the onboard bms attached if possible since it seems to be wasteful to discard them and just keep the pouches.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TCL battery 1.jpg overall shot.jpgS1530004.JPGcenter of board.png

right side board better.pngS1530002.JPG
S1530007.JPG

I am attempting refurbish some laptops that use the EG20-1S10400 battery. The computers were originally sold by CTL Corporation for student use. Do you know the name of the electronics company that went out of business? Some of the batteries are labeled TCL Hyperpower, others are Gallopwire.

I am attempting refurbish some laptops that use the EG20-1S10400 battery. The computers were originally sold by CTL Corporation for student use. Do you know the name of the electronics company that went out of business? Some of the batteries are labeled TCL Hyperpower, others are Gallopwire.

Sure, the company was Bak USA. Given that these cells are going on 4 years old, it's going to be interesting to see what longevity I get out of them.

The jury is still out on whether I should use the integrated balance boards, as connecting them to a balance charger I'd effectively be balanced charging a pair of sales for each connection instead of individual cells on a balance board. I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with that. I recently received my charger and and putting together the rest of the supplies needed to start working on these if I don't have all the answers I believe I'm going to start experimenting